“Now dismiss [this year], o Lord, in peace.”
As I wrapped up 2017 with a solo half-marathon around the neighborhood, I reflected upon the year. It was a bell-weather year for me and my family, as many major hurdles were brought to completion.
- I completed my Doctorate of Ministry degree which had taken me 5 years of work.
- Waypoint reached self-sufficiency in the standard church planting metrics.
- Took an Alaskan Adventure with the entire family.
- Read the most books in one year (65), including all of CS Lewis’ published books.
- Trained and completed the grueling Table Rock Ultramarathon.
…Maybe that’s why I slept in until 7:52am on New Year’s Day 2018…